We love it when customers come in and buy our fresh cut flowers. Here are a list of tips we give them to help them care for them when they get home.
1. Fill your vase with fresh cool water and add your fresh flower food. Most florists will provide you with this at the time of your purchase. We like to use "Floralife" fresh flower food the best.
2. Remover any leaves that may fall below your water line. This will help prevent bacteria growth in your water. With the flower food and the leaves trimmed off this will help your water stay clear and bacteria free.
3. Cut the stems of each flower about 1/4" to 1/2" at an angle. The angle helps keep water flowing through the stems, if the stems are flat they will sit flush on the bottom of your vase and prevent your flowers from drinking.
4. Display your flowers in a cool spot away from direct sunlight. Try to also prevent your flowers from sitting under cooling vents and ceiling fans. Never sit your fresh flowers on top of your TV or radiator. These will heat the water and harm your flowers.
5. Change the water and add fresh food when the water becomes cloudy. It is also best to re-cut your stems when you do this.
These simple tips will help keep your fresh flowers looking fresh longer. If you have any questions please contact us direct at email@example.com or 217-875-9038.