Saturday, August 7, 2010

31 Day Blog Challenge ~ Day 20

  Today's Challenge ~ Leave Comments for other bloggers.


One of the things I have enjoyed the most about the challenge is reading other blogs.  I have found new blogs in my niche, blogs that make me laugh, and blogs that have an interesting story to tell.  With Google Reader I can read them all with just a few clicks and scrolls.  When one strikes my fancy I head on over to the blog and leave a comment.


We learned today to:

  • Make your comments informative and meaningful
  • Never Spam ~ Example: Great post, here's my link
  • Leave comments everywhere you can, news articles, news blogs, other blogs, and anywhere you can
  • Try to add to the article or post with your own insight when possible.
I try to make my comments informative, responsive to questions, or just to say I agree with something they have posted.  It lets the blogger know that I have read and understand what they are talking about.  When you leave a comment that adds to the content of the blog it also shows you are an expert in that field.

I have had comments to my 31 day challenge that have helped me shape my blog, my posts, and my thoughts on blogging.  I enjoy reading comments and it always makes you feel good knowing that you have engaged the readers.

I am headed out now to do my "homework" by reading and commenting on posts that some of my SITS girls have made!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails