Tuesday, August 17, 2010

31 Day Blog Challenge ~ Day 29


Today's Challenge ~ Promote your blog.

It is important to set time each day or week to find ways to promote your blog.  We discussed on Day 4 how to promote single posts.  Looking back on this day the ideas are similar but a little more in depth.  

We were to spend 10 - 15 minutes figuring out who are desired readers were.  For me they are as follows:
  • Flower Lovers
  • Our Shoppers
  • Our Friends
  • Other Shop Owners
  • Anyone looking to order flowers
  • Anyone looking for plant & flower care tips
We needed to figure out where our desired readers were gathering online.  I would say the majority of my readers are the facebook type of folks.  They want to stay in touch with friends and family.  Most are looking to network and build relationships.  

We then had to figure out how we can promote our blog on those type of sites.  For me it is leaving links, talking it up to our fans, and letting my customers know about not only my blog but my facebook page.  At work we have our facebook page on the back of every business care, we also ask customers to review us there.  These are all great ways to promote the blog.  I will be looking at more ways in the future as well.  

2 comments:

  1. i really like you blog challenge, it motivates me to do the same. i been blogging for few years, but its only recently that i decided to have facebook page, and im yet to figure out more ways to promote it. new follower from WW, jazevox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great Jazevox!! You will love it. I feel confident that if you take the challenge you will like the results. I had no idea where to start either and this challenge helped me break it down into small bits I could manage.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails