Wednesday, August 18, 2010

31 Day Blog Challenge ~ Day 30

Today's Challenge ~ Statistics to Monitor your blog.


Statistics are an important part of blogging.  You can see where your readers are coming from and once they get to your page how long they stay.  You can track your most popular posts and even a bit about who is reading them.


I use Google Analytics to monitor my blogs and I am pleased with the results.  I like to spend a little time each week looking at how many visitors, how they found me, and what they read.  Then I can look at the successful posts and see how I can duplicate that with a new topic.  


I know right now my numbers are not huge but they still have a huge meaning.  Also the challenge reminded us to focus on ways to improve the numbers and set goals to do so.  


This challenge has actually helped to increase interest in my blog.  I can now see what has worked and what has not.  This will help me make the blog more successful in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails